What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 taildragger with steps

iamtheari

Well Known Member
Does anyone have an RV-14 taildragger with one or both steps installed? I built mine without steps but I am considering adding them. I'd like to climb up on one in person before I start drilling out rivets, though. I'm in North Dakota but don't mind an excuse to travel somewhere interesting for what normal folks who don't build airplanes in their basement might consider a frivolous, trivial purpose. :)

Does anyone have an RV-14 taildragger with one or both steps installed? I built mine without steps but I am considering adding them. I'd like to climb up on one in person before I start drilling out rivets, though. I'm in North Dakota but don't mind an excuse to travel somewhere interesting for what normal folks who don't build airplanes in their basement might consider a frivolous, trivial purpose. :)
I have a RV14 with steps. You are more than welcome to come see the plane. If it helps, we host fellow pilots at our home, so if you are willing to make the trip to KJGG, we can take care of you & you can see & go flying in my taildragger. ;>))) [email protected]

I have a RV14 with steps. You are more than welcome to come see the plane. If it helps, we host fellow pilots at our home, so if you are willing to make the trip to KJGG, we can take care of you & you can see & go flying in my taildragger. ;>))) [email protected]
Thanks for the quick response. I've wanted to fly my RV-14 to Williamsburg so I might take you up on it. It's only 1300 miles. I'll try to finish the wheel pants first. I've had too much fun flying without them for the past 3 years but would really like those extra knots for the longer trip.

Thanks for the quick response. I've wanted to fly my RV-14 to Williamsburg so I might take you up on it. It's only 1300 miles. I'll try to finish the wheel pants first. I've had too much fun flying without them for the past 3 years but would really like those extra knots for the longer trip.
I started flying my rv14 in October 2020. I have about 325 hours. Wheelpants added 13 knots in cruise; a very welcome addition. Williamsburg is a cool town to visit. We have a very friendly airport. I live about 4 miles away from our James River house. 1300 miles is a nice trip that might need 2 fuel stops. 1 fuel stop might be stretching it. We'll be her till August 25. feel free to send me an email to the address that I provided. JDW

Back